The Director will be heading the Africa Transaction team and is responsible for growing the fund across the region by sourcing, developing, negotiating and closing renewable energy opportunities. The role will be based in Nairobi, from where the fund will operate. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director will play a pivotal role in the Region and is part of the Global Management Team.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, source and execute investment opportunities
- Manage a team of Investment Managers, Associates and Analysts through the investment process
- Lead due diligence, direct transaction team and coordinate transaction execution and closing
- Presentation of investment proposals to the Investment Committee
- Actively work with project / portfolio companies’ post-investment. Liaising with management teams, and ensure that best financial and non-financial practices, including Environmental and Social Management Systems are implemented
- Take board seats in project companies
- Actively involved in executive appointments at the project companies
- Coaching, development and mentoring of Team in their career development growth
- Business development with the objective to build a strong pipeline of potential investment opportunities
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent
- 12+ years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance), possibly with previous experience in a Big Four Accounting firm or the Renewable Energy sector
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of the fund
- Flexible & dynamic – self motivated, results driven, ability to deal with change
- Highly organised and structured, logical and lateral thinker.
- Team player, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and add value.
- Excellent intellectual and conceptual abilities
- Excellence orientation (concern for high-quality work) – Follow-through; the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained
- Leadership style: management by example, always fostering a collaborative culture amongst the team members, shareholders and stakeholders
In order to apply, please send your updated CV together with motivation letter to CFM@dmd-consulting.com prior to 22 April 2016.
Applications will be reviewed and managed by DMD Consulting, our Executive Search and Talent Advisory partner.